Linux is an operating System, it is open source and multiusers, and multiprocessor system
So multiple users can run on different processes in the same time.
It has these components. Kernel, shell and the programs.
The power of Linux is using shell to type all commands then shell intercept these commands to Kernel.
Administration I Linux History
Access the command line
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
Create, view, and edit text files
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Searching files , directory and command
Type of shell in Linux
- type of shell and how to use it
Manage local Linux users and groups
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
Control access to files with Linux file system permissions
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Configure and secure OpenSSH service
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
Manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Install and update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Access Linux file systems
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise
Install Linux graphically
- Objective: Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux and configure the system with firstboot.